1. The Orange County Asperger's Support Group (“OCASG”) expects that people posting to the OCASG Meetup site or the OCASG Yahoo Group Discussion Board, treat each other with respect and dignity. Please remember, written words can misrepresent feelings, given that there is no additional information gained from tone of voice or body language. Anyone flaming others, using expletives, or posting in any way which OCASG, in their sole discretion, feels is not in the best interests of OCASG and its members or prospective members, may be barred from posting in the future, without prior warning. Retaliation is not a valid defense. Receiving an offensive message from another, whether through a public or private forum, is NOT an excuse for responding in kind. The appropriate course of action is to notify OCASG of the offensive posting immediately. While we are under no obligation to consistently monitor the contents of these forums, we welcome feedback from users and reserve the right to ban repeat offenders.
2. The OCASG Meetup site and the OCASG Yahoo Group Discussion Board are not free forums for marketing and promotion campaigns. We welcome recommendations of products and services relevant to our mission that our members may find helpful. The important distinction is between suggestion and promotion. For instance, it is acceptable for a discussion board subscriber to write "Company X has an excellent GFCF product," but no single individual or group is permitted to consistently promote a single product, company or organization, particularly if the subscriber is in any way affiliated with the entity which sells or offers the product or service in question. Anyone not following this policy can expect to receive a letter of warning from OCASG and face the possibility of being banned from the discussion board in question.
3. Many subscribers have to pay for their email by the hour. Many have extremely busy schedules. With hundreds of members and growing, OCASG online forums have the potential to become congested. Please be considerate of others. When a message does not contribute to the issue being discussed or is directed to a single reader, please send a private message to that person instead of replying to the whole forum whenever possible.
4. In a response posting, please include only relevant lines from messages you are quoting. A complete message wastes readers' time. The ability to selectively quote from a previous message with the addition of your comments is available in most email readers. Selective quoting is acceptable. Quoting the whole text, or just leaving it in at the bottom of your reply isn't. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us directly. The policy exists for everyone's benefit.
5. Please do not post messages to an OCASG online forum in ALL CAPITALS. This is considered shouting and makes some members of the discussion board very uncomfortable. Use appropriate English and punctuation.
6. If you are personally criticized, upset with the operation of any OCASG online forum, have recommendations for improvement, or need these rules explained to you, please do not post directly on the forum but instead privately bring it to the attention of OCASG. OCASG and forum moderators will collectively determine a proper response to your questions and/or concerns. You can contact OCASG at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. The information contained on any OCASG website or online forum might not be accurate or medically appropriate for everyone. Readers must draw their own conclusions about how to use any information obtained from these sites. OCASG strongly suggests that each reader conduct his/her own investigation into any claims made on these sites. In addition to independent research, consultation with a medical professional prior to adoption of any medical measures discussed on these sites is always recommended.
8. Please do not forward a message or share a message with anyone off the forum without the original sender’s permission. Many subscribers are sharing private information about themselves or their family members, especially on OCASG Yahoo Group Discussion Board, and expect that their confidences be kept.
9. Therefore, following #8 above, it is expressly forbidden to forward messages on any OCASG website or discussion board to: Regional Center of Orange County or any staff thereof (directly or indirectly) or any school district or private school or any staff thereof (directly or indirectly), California Department of Rehabilitation or any government agency or any staff thereof (directly or indirectly), or any medical or educational professionals (directly or indirectly).
Discussions on the OCASG Meetup site, the OCASG Yahoo Group Discussion Board or any OCASG website, are only for the use and consumption of members of these discussion boards or any OCASG website. If a member is found to have forwarded postings, such action will constitute grounds for removal from the discussion board in question. Please be mindful, however, that despite our best efforts, we cannot always prevent leakage. Watch your posts carefully.
OCASG online forums are unmoderated. Our only function is to maintain and facilitate the forums, not to control or monitor their substantive content. As such, the views expressed on OCASG websites are solely those of the members who post them, and in no way reflect the views of OCASG.
It is our intention to restrict all OCASG online forum memberships to adults with Asperger’s, High Functioning Autism or PDD-NOS and the parents of children with Asperger’s, High Functioning Autism or PDD-NOS.
Thank you for abiding by the rules.
The Orange County Asperger's Support Group