The Orange County Asperger's Support Group
© The Orange County Asperger's Support Group, 2011. All rights reserved.
Volunteer ... Make a difference in someone's life.
Nothing is more rewarding than seeing someone else benefit from the donation of your time and talents, One of our OCASG dads who is a techie has given our Aspies free classes in video game design. An adult Aspie who's a stand-up comedian held a workshop in comedy writing! OCASG volunteers also host social activities. The more volunteers, the more activities! For example, does your teen want a movie group? It's easy for you to start one with our help.
We always need people to help with meeting check-in, various computer projects, and other tasks. And our Board is also all-volunteer. Interested? Questions?
and MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES ...
1. Help needed at Check-In Tables. Our Meet ‘n Greets need your smile! Our Newport Beach [3rd Monday] and Yorba Linda [4th Monday] support meetings need some extra Check-In Volunteers. It’s a fun way to help the group and welcome people to our meetings. Simply show up, smile, and assist guests as they sign in to our support group meetings.
Let us know which meeting location you’re interested in helping with (Newport Beach or Yorba Linda) by sending an email to email@example.com.
2. Web sites. Content updates, editing and html coding.
3. Data entry. Volunteer needed to review old files (pre-2011) and update database. Work at home at your own pace. Easy, breezy!
4. Resource Guide. Volunteer(s) needed to research content for our new Orange County Asperger’s Resource Guide! You’ll have a simple outline to follow. Work at home at your own pace. Also … a volunteer with web design skills is needed to take the content and turn it into a great user-friendly online guide.
If you are interested in any of these volunteer opportunities, or have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many hands make for lighter work!
Copyright 2013, The Orange County Asperger's Support Group
Click here to contact us regarding volunteering!
Please consider becoming more involved by
•Becoming a Parent Volunteer for an Activity •Joining a Committee
Our current needs include all of the following:
- Volunteers willing to help supervise the vast array of activities we sponsor every month
- Volunteers or committee members willing to help organize programming throughout the year
- Tell us what you like to do and we’ll find a task for you! Click here!